It’s time to celebrate the importance of Sanibel boat rentals in Southwest Florida, where it’s always a good time to get out on the water.
Sanibel boat rentals are the best way to enjoy all that Florida has to offer. You can go fishing, enjoy watersports, and rent a boat for a half day or a full day off the shores of beautiful islands.
We’ve got the tips you need to ensure your time on Sanibel Island is well spent on the water.
Go Fishing on Sanibel Island
The Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico are filled with wonderful fishing opportunities. Organize your tacklebox and learn about the types of fish you can catch off the shores of Sanibel Island, the fishing seasons for fish, and the best places to fish. These include:
- King Fish
Take some bait and tackle with you and try to land a fish while you enjoy kayaking on Sanibel Island.You’ve already made the right decision by choosing serene Sanibel Island as your destination point. So what kind of water sports do you plan on enjoying while you are on Sanibel Island? Here’s a water sports breakdown for you:
- Canoeing: Jump in a canoe and have some fun. Here are some paddling tips to keep you from rowing in circles.
- Kayaking: Kayaks are faster, lighter and easier to maneuver than canoes. Rent a kayak and cruise The Intracoastal Waterway searching for jumping dolphins or grab a fishing pole and do some kayak fishing.
Boating and Fishing Checklist
Is 2016 the year you promised you would spend more time in nature on the water? Then follow this boating resolution checklist:
- Go island hopping: While Sanibel Island is the island to visit, there are other less populated islands that visitors will find fascinating. Enjoy Captiva Island and the Boca Grande and Pine islands all by boat!
- See the sights in a canoe or kayak
- Make plans to rent a boat and cruise The Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico
- Take a boat and anchor near several shorelines and go shelling in the seashell capital of the world!
- Visit again and repeat.
Do You Need a Boat License to Rent a Boat in Florida?
You do not need a license to operate a boat in Florida. However, you need to be familiar with boat safety training and get a tour of your boat from the marina operator. Make sure you have life vests on board, get a thorough check of the boat and how it operates and also have a Boating Safety Education Identification Card if required by your marina.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Boat on Sanibel Island?
The amount of money it costs to rent a boat and other watercraft on Sanibel Island depends on how long you are on the water and what type of boat you rent.
At Port Sanibel Marina, located just 4 miles from Sanibel Island in Fort Myers, you can:
- Rent a boat for a half day for $300
- Rent a boat for a full day for $400
- Rent a boat for the week for $2,400
Did You Know You Can Rent a Kayak or Canoe on Sanibel?
Kayak rentals are available at Port Sanibel as well. We also highly recommend our blog on Sanibel Island kayaking, including the 12 best kayak trails to experience in the area.
- Rent a single kayak for $25 for two hours
- Double kayak rentals for $35 for two hours
- Additional hours are available for $12 per hour
Get a Sanibel Boat Rental Today
Fishing and boating begins and ends with a fun time on a boat. It’s a great time of year to rent a boat on Sanibel Island. Here are the tips you need to know this summer about boat rentals on Sanibel Island.
Now that you have the boating and fishing plan in place, it’s time to choose the perfect boat to rent on Sanibel Island. Here’s a boating breakdown for you:
Pontoon fishing boats: These boats are great for cruising The Intracoastal Waterway with friends or hosting a fishing trip.
Deck boats: Deck boats have a flatter bottom and can also host a family gathering or a group of fishers.
Grady White Bowriders: Grady Whites are more intimate, classic fishing boats to hit the water with seven of your closest friends or anglers.
Plan a Boating and Fishing Adventure
What are you waiting for? It’s time to go exploring, especially on the water. Rent a boat or book a fishing charter at Port Sanibel Marina.
Port Sanibel Marina offers:
- Boat rentals that include a 24’ SouthWind Deck Boat, a 20’ Tidewater, a 21.5’ Scout, a 24’ Regal and a 23’ Scout Center Console
Port Sanibel Marina on the Fort Myers side of the causeway leading to Sanibel Island, also offers dry boat storage and wet slips and a variety of fishing charters to choose from while you are on vacation. Make a reservation today at 239-437-1660 to plan your trip.
All of your Sanibel boat rentals and watersports activity needs are waiting for you at Port Sanibel Marina. The marina rents boats, kayaks, and canoes. You can also schedule a charter for some serious fishing or a leisure eco tour for you and your friends and family. Need a place to stay? Book a fully furnished condo at Royal Shell Vacation Rentals. Call us at 239-437-1660 to plan your trip and water sports activities today!