It’s National Fishing and Boating Week, which means it’s time celebrate the importance of boating and fishing on Sanibel Island. We’ve got the tips you need to ensure your time on Sanibel Island is well spent on the water.
Go Fishing on Sanibel Island
The Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico are filled with wonderful fishing opportunities. Organize your tacklebox and learn about the types of fish you can catch off the shores of Sanibel Island, the fishing seasons for fish, and the best places to fish. These include:
- King Fish
Water Sports on Sanibel Island
You’ve already made the right decision by choosing serene Sanibel Island as your destination point. So what kind of water sports do you plan on enjoying while you are on Sanibel Island? Here’s a water sports breakdown for you:
- Paddle boarding: Paddle boarding is so “in” right now. The sport involves standing on a long board and using a paddle to propel you and the board across the surface of the water. Bonus perk: While you enjoy the scenery, you’re also giving those abs a great workout.
- Canoeing: Jump in a canoe and have some fun. Here are some paddling tips to keep you from rowing in circles.
- Kayaking: Kayaks are faster, lighter and easier to maneuver than canoes. Rent a kayak and cruise The Intracoastal Waterway searching for jumping dolphins or grab a fishing pole and do some kayak fishing.
Boating and Fishing Checklist
Is 2016 the year you promised you would spend more time in nature on the water? Then follow this boating resolution checklist:
- Go island hopping: While Sanibel Island is the island to visit, there are other less populated islands that visitors will find fascinating. Enjoy Captiva Island and the Boca Grande and Pine islands all by boat!
- See the sights in a canoe or kayak
- Make plans to rent a boat and cruise The Intracoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico
- Take a boat and anchor near several shorelines and go shelling in the seashell capital of the world!
- Visit again and repeat.
Rent a Boat
Celebrating National Fishing and Boating Week begins and ends with a fun time on a boat. It’s a great time of year to rent a boat on Sanibel Island. Here are the tips you need to know this summer about boat rentals on Sanibel Island.
Now that you have the boating and fishing plan in place, it’s time to choose the perfect boat to rent on Sanibel Island. Here’s a boating breakdown for you:
Pontoon fishing boats: These boats are great for cruising The Intracoastal Waterway with friends or hosting a fishing trip.
Deck boats: Deck boats have a flatter bottom and can also host a family gathering or a group of fishers.
Grady White Bowriders: Grady Whites are more intimate, classic fishing boats to hit the water with seven of your closest friends or anglers.
All of your rental boats and water sport activity needs are waiting for you at Port Sanibel Marina. The marina rents boats, kayaks and canoes. You can also schedule a charter for some serious fishing or a leisure eco tour for you and your friends and family. Need a place to stay? Book a fully furnished condo at Royal Shell Vacation Rentals. Call us at 239-437-1660 to plan your trip and water sports activities today!
Categorized by: Boat Rental