Warm weather and a warmer, more enticing Gulf of Mexico is in store for you right now on Sanibel Island. While you are here relaxing on the beach and enjoying all that Sanibel Island has to offer, here’s what to do on Sanibel Island in May to help you plan a great vacation and a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
Sanibel Island Local Events
May is a big month and there’s a lot happening on Sanibel Island right now. Here are the events you want to add to your calendar:
- A vacation on a tropical island isn’t complete without live music and dancing. Live Entertainment with Joe McCormick & Marvilla Marzan will put you in vacation mode 6:30 to 10 p.m. Friday, May 13 and every Friday night through May at Traditions on the Beach.
- Heading to Sanibel Island with small kids? Moms, we have you covered. Baby Boot Camp is offering exercise classes for pregnant, post-natal and all moms who want to be fit with a free class 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, May 14 at Miromar Outlets. Classes vary on other days this month. Make sure to do some shopping before or after your class.
- Farmer’s market junkies rejoice. The Sanibel Island Farmer’s Market, one of the best markets in the country, has extended its run from the end of April to the end of May! The market’s extended run is now 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays through May 28. Enjoy everything form fresh produce to fresh seafood options through Memorial Day Weekend!
- Celebrate Mom’s Appreciation Day 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, May 18 at Le Macaron, a French pastries shop. While you’re there, the kids can enjoy a free arts and crafts event.
- Enjoy a Memorial Day Sidewalk Sale every day from May 27-30 to celebrate the holiday weekend, where you will enjoy even lower prices at Miromar Outlets on the sidewalk.
Celebrate Dining Options in May
Sanibel Island has some fantastic waterfront dining options available for you with menus full of fresh seafood options and creative cocktails. The Lighthouse Restaurant and other dining eateries are prepared to accommodate you and delight taste buds.
Looking for something different to kick off Memorial Day weekend? Attend Roast Rib Thursday 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, May 26 at the Sea Breeze Café, located at the Sundial Beach Resort & Spa. The open to the public prime rib event features prime rib specials and jumbo baked potatoes.
Enjoy Sanibel Outdoors
There’s so much to do on Sanibel Island outdoors. Rent a boat to cruise the Intracoastal Waterway looking for dolphins or spend the day fishing. At Port Sanibel Marina, you can rent a variety of boats for half days, full days or even a week. Bringing your own boat? There are dry storage and wet slip options ready for your boat. You can also rent canoes, kayaks and paddle boards too. Book your May water activities, boat cruises and charters and more at Port Sanibel Marina.
Book Your May Visit Now
Ready to head to a peaceful island with white sandy beaches ripe for shelling? Want to appreciate biking around the island and walking waterfront nature trails? A vacation rental is what you need to truly appreciate all that Sanibel Island has to offer. You can rent a fully furnished condo at Royal Shell Vacation Rentals.
Enjoy May on Sanibel Island. The Gulf water is warming up and the sunsets are a sight to behold. Give us a call at 239-437-1660 to plan your boating trip today.